Very recently Sugar has launched a range of new matte lip colors in most shades. Unlike most matte lipsticks in the earlier days Sugar has come up with a creamy – moisturising matte range with Sugar It’s A-Pout Time! Vivid Lipsticks. The Sugar It’s A-Pout Time! Vivid Lipsticks come in 4 shades – The Big Bang Berry, Breaking Bare, Mad Magenta and Caroline In The City.
SUGAR It’s A-Pout Time Vivid Lipstick has a creamy consistency that moisturises and spreads evenly on the lips. The stunning shades are highly pigmented and light-weight, providing maximum coverage in a few swipes. FDA approved, these lippies are free from mineral oil and parabens.
You’re the quintessential girl-next-door with a vivacious personality and an angelic smile. A die-hard romantic, you wear your heart on your sleeve and take relationships pretty seriously. Feminine and charming, we bet you’ll carry off Breaking Bare like you two were soul mates.
- The Big Bang Berry – This is my favorite from this range. I love the fresh berry color it gives to your lips. It is a more of an evening color.
- Breaking Bare – As the name suggests, it is a little on the nudish shade but not as nude. It can be paired up easily with heavy smokey makeup for parties.
- Mad Magenta – It is a summery pink and not exactly a magenta but a good regular shade. It can be paired up with most of your outfits and occasions.
- Caroline in the City – It is the only coral color in this range. It is again a regular coral shade and a great option for daily use.
Sugar It’s A-Pout Time! Vivid Lipsticks cost INR 599. It is a good product which is creamy enough not to dry your lips. I liked it pretty much and you can consider it with the choice of colors available. It is a long lasting formula which stays on your lips for at least 3-4 easily and leaves behind a slight tint. With all its qualities the lipstick is easily transferable and you might want to consider this while buying.
Style Meter – 8/10
Next week will have the most colors on your face with the festival of Holi. Though not a very big fan I would still like to share my beauty routine to follow during the festival of colors. Holi – dates back centuries where people would use herbal colors and flowers on each other’s faces but that ain’t the case any more. Every year I am very conscious during Holi parties because I don’t want come back home with huge pimples. Though I have a combination skin which is not too oily but those colors can really harm my face. While you are still prepping for your clothes and colors I give you the perfect Holi gift on how to protect your skin-
- Pick out clothes which are made of soft cotton and help you cover your body. On one hand you want to wear your favorite tattered denim shorts I say go for the full jeans . It will make a statement and you could just pick up your pair of denims and rip it a little. Let it get colored it might look even better.
- Apply sunscreen judiciously on your exposed body make sure it is enough oily not suck up any color that is poured on your body.
- Keep your nails safe, apply nail paint and cut your nails short. The chemical colors have a tendency of seeping into the nails and not getting washed later.
- Use more of red or pink colours which looks good and can easily taken off. Gaudy purple, green, yellow, orange have more harmful chemicals and you may avoid those.
- Tying up your hair is always the best option for Holi. I will suggest using a contrast color bandana to cover up your and make a statement already.
- Try to save yourself off from all possible attacks on the face. In case your such attempts fail, keep your eyes and lips tightly shut if you are attacked on your face.
- Wash your eyes well with rose water after the color attack. It will soothe your eyes and remember not to rub them.
- Rubbing lemon wedges on your face and body is also a good option to remove the color but moisturise well to avoid any dryness caused from it. Using a toner will also benefit.
Let me know your favorite tips in the comments below!
Adding a new accessory can create a new look in a few seconds. The best thing about accessorizing is that if you it well even your dullest clothes can make you look like a style diva. Summer is approaching and you might as well pick up something that is here to stay throughout the season. While still thinking of the best I picked the hat to be my friend for a days out.
Adding an extra oomph to your look with a little hint of style never goes wrong. We can take that inspiration from Bollywood Celebrities who resort to different products when it comes to standing out in the crowd yet maintaining their desired image.
Here is how you can create the Hat Story –
When you are thinking of going out with a black plain top with a tattered denim to complete. Pick up a matching a hat to create make it look completely chic and casual.
When you have picked up an old printed dress and want to pump it up for an evening out. Get a plain hat to complete the look with a hint of bright lipstick.
That’s one occasion where you can’t leave your hat. It is an inseparable part of your out on the Derby day. Go through any Derby album and I am sure you will get the best ideas for your hats and caps.
I went to see the Taj Mahal this year to celebrate my first valentine’s day with my hubby. I wore a red cape since it was the color of the day with black jeggings. Since I wanted very natural looking makeup I used Lakme 9 to 5 Mousse Foundation with Lakme Eyeconic Kajal paired with little Oriflame Very Me Cherry and finally added Estee Lauder Candy Shimmer to give a natural look.
This is my final look