Shoes Shoes Shoes!!! we love them much more than we hate them. I keep wondering who was the person who designed a woman’s shoe which is so uncomfortable yet so stylish. Our feet are never shaped pointed in the front and rounded at the back. Like all of you, even I stand for the quest to find the right shoe every time I go shopping but since I have flat feet buying heels for me is a task at another level. I may buy shoes which look pretty and which are fairly comfortable but then come the ‘shoe bites’ – very innocent piece of my skin which has become a water-bubble and now the problem starts. The blister will remain for a few days and the mark will take months to go. So here is what you can do to cure shoe bites and shoe marks altogether.
How to cure Shoe Bites –
- Butter – Butter has natural healing properties and a shoe bite is usually created by the friction between the shoe and our skin. If you are able to layer your skin and avoid direct contact, your problem is solved. It is advised to massage butter on the prone areas and wash it with luke warm water before wearing a shoe.
- Potato juice – as much as it sounds surprising but potato is an age old technique to stay away from shoe bites. You just need to rub the potato slice on your skin. It is also said that potato helps in removing corns as well.
- Olive oil and honey – You should mix equal portions of olive oil and honey and create a solution. Use a cotton swab to rub it over the affected area. It will not only help treat your shoe bites but it will also help you to remove your old scars and marks.
- White tape – medical tape has worked the best for me. I usually keep my small toe covered with white medical tape before wearing my heels. It makes sure that I don’t get any shoe bites so there is no problem of marks.
These are a few things you can do to stay away from shoe bites but as long as we love stilettos we just can’t avoid shoe bites completely.
Dark Circles and Puffy eyes have become our friends since the time we went into the party scene. Most Saturday mornings at work I over use kohl to hide my puffy eyes. You may have dark circles due to hereditary reasons or your lifestyle. Some times our sleep patterns are bad due to various reasons or we might be suffering because of working late in the nights. I have a few things you could do to reduce your dark circles make you look fresh every morning.
- Cucumber Slices – Putting cucumber eyes to soothe your eyes is an age old technique practiced even before under – eye creams were conceived of. You can use freshly cut cucumbers and keep it on your eyes for some time. It is advisable that you sleep after putting them for best results.
- Potato slices – Most of us would not know but potato slices can show great results in reducing the puffiness from the eyes. Potato also has a light cooling effect which will make your eyes relaxed after a hard day at work.
- Tea bags – Tea bags can be used after they are put in the freezer for a few minutes for best results. You should pick up two tea bags and freeze them for about half an hour. Put them on your eyes and let it do its wonders. It is advisable to use green tea bags. Drinking green tea and putting the tea bags on your eyes will have complete health benefits.
- Under Eye Cream – Having an eye care regime is as important as having a skin care regime and you should not abstain yourself from picking a good under eye cream and using it regularly. After all your beauty lies in your eyes.
- Almond Oil – Almond oil obviously won’t be able to make you as happy as the under eye cream or green tea bags but it will show good results on regular usage. You just need to take a drop on your fingers and gently massage the eye area. Wash your eyes if irritation persists for long.
Learn to do your traditional make up in 5 minutes with my new video here
We all have our mother’s or grand- mother’s beautiful saree collection that none of them wears. Moreover that stuff is so intricate and expensive that they would not want to give away easily. When I got down to open my grand-mom’s wardrobe shortly after she passed away I can’t start to tell you what amazing clothes I saw. She had saved her wedding saree and a lot of other sarees in designs I would not know of. With a few I loved the colors, with a few others I loved their borders and a few were made of such material which had not spoiled in so many years. I had the privilege of getting her wedding saree and all of you know what will be my next pick for a friend’s wedding.
Some clothes get dirty with time or some times a light color would not look as vibrant as it did earlier. The best thing is to go your dyer and dye it in a darker shade. It is advisable to keep the color family same for best results or else you could go with black. One can never go wrong with a sexy black saree.
Even if you pick up your an old saree I still insist on getting a new blouse. Even if you fit in it might not look as stunning. Opt in for a contrasting print with a plain saree and get it designed with the best back neck and add a latkan with a deep back to add oomph.
If you are absolutely not sure of the print combination you can go for the evergreen silver or gold depending on the color of work your sari has. Or you may just get a smart golden and silver blouse to avoid any confusion when you are borrowing sarees from anyone.
A border can be your savior when you are trying to renew an old sari go to market and pick up a printed border. Since floral and tie & dye is quite in you can go for the same border blouse combination to complete the look. It can help you add bling to a plain saree.
A stitch in time can save nine, literally when you fee you need to add glam to the old sari go for a different stitch. You could get the palla and get it attached to an entirely different fabric to create a new look. Half patterns are still available in the market and stitching also means no draping
When I picked up my grand-mom’s saree I went ahead and got a sexy golden blouse and brought life to the purple golden sari.
Pedicure has been an age old practice for women to keep their feet soft. Foot pampering is also said to be therapeutic and helps to lift up your mood. But in the hustle bustle of our life and striving to create a work life balance our feet get neglected the most. How often you have slipped into your ballerinas just because your nail paint wasn’t good enough or your feet did not look as attractive as you want them to be.
Cocoa Pedicure has become the new trend in foot care. Though it may sound quite strange but its uniqueness got me trying it in the comfort zone of my home. Sugar has known to exfoliate your skin well and shea butter is one of our favorite moisturizers. So you know when these come together for your feet you quite literally get happy feet. Once you try this I am sure you will thank us later.
What do you need –
- Face wash
- Cuticle oil
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 lemon
- cocoa body butter
- cocoa powder
- vanilla essence
- sandalwood powder
- cocoa body milk
- luke warm water
- Fill some luke warm water in a tub or a bucket where you can easily soak in your feet. Add a few drops of your face wash to this water to help clean your feet. I would advise something mild usually or a Himalaya neem face wash would do for you as it did for me. Soak your feet for about 10 minutes.
- Now clean your toe nails. I generally use an old toothbrush to clean my nails and chapped skin. It does not hurt as much as the pedicure instruments and cleans better.
- Now take a cuticle oil – in my case I got the one from VLCC and massage it well on your feet. You must feel better by now because your blood circulation improves.
- Prepare a scrub – Mix sugar, half spoon bournvita and lemon juice. Apply this scrub on your feet and massage gently. Sometimes it may feel a little harsh on your skin but it is for your own benefit. Do it for about 5-7 minutes and wash it off.
- Massage your feet with the Cocoa butter body milk, I have used Dove body lotion. Leave it for a few minutes before cleaning it.
- Prepare an anti tan pack – Mix cocoa powder, sandalwood powder with little water and add a few drops of vanilla essence to it. It will create a smooth pack that can be easily applied. Apply it evenly on your skin and let it dry.
- Once it is dried out, wash it off and wipe your feet.
- For best results massage The body shop Cocoa Body Butter for long happy fragrance.
Most people insist on having a full breakfast and we have heard the good old saying you should have breakfast like a king. But we queens have a tough time deciding how to choose the best breakfast options for weight loss. While you may still bank upon koki (you would know what it means if you ever had a sindhi friend) and paratha or you want to divulge into the likes of pohas and upmas. Science says whatever you eat at least it should never be missed.
One of the latest studies shows that having two breakfasts is better than one, when one is still struggling to make sure having one; two seems out of question. Though I have stuck to this for some time before I began my teaching job and it has only done me good. My first breakfast would be having a single fruit because a single color is better than multiple colors without any dash of lemon or salt to it.
Most nutritionists also agree that having a two breakfasts is better than one as your body gets full nutrition and keeping a gap of an hour is ideal. Your first breakfast could include any fruit like Papaya, banana or an apple. In face having a fruit as your first meal of the day help you boost the digestive system and you will surely feel the difference in some time in weight loss.
While a few studies still vouch for the fact that weight loss has nothing to do with breakfast and people who skipped breakfast v/s those who ate had a similar kind of weight loss after a few days. But our experts say, when we skip breakfast we force our system to work a tad bit more making our metabolism to drop. Another opinion is that skipping any meal during the weight loss program will affect the metabolism negatively and this is never a good practice..
Jojoba Oil is said to be one the best things for hair care. Jojoba has been in the InHow exciting it will be to be able to create your own range of shampoos, conditioners, lotions and soaps. I am going to give you the secret on this blog on how to create your own range of hair care. Hair care is important part of any girl’s daily beauty regime whether you admit it or not you are a little jealous of the colleague who has better maintained hair than yours. Though most of us do not get enough time to pamper our hair as much they need to be. This is my DIY Jojoba conditioner to give you a lustrous mane.
- Rose water (250 ml)
- Jojoba Oil (15ml)
- Vitamin E oil 10 drops
- Put the rose water in a double boiler and add jojoba oil
- Put this mixture into a blender container
- Put the Vitamin E oil in the blender container
- Blend at a very high speed for at least 2 mins
How to Use
- Wet hair with warm water
- Massage this oil on your scalp and for better conditioning leave it for some time
- Rinse thoroughly
- Use a gentle shampoo to clean your hair and rinse again
Doesn’t it feel great that now you have the power to make your own super conditioner at home.
Still cringing about the sweet overload you had last weekend with Holi and Easter back to back. Most of us eat extra during festivities and regret it later. I have my list of 5 weight loss foods. So next time you are able to have a great celebration without worrying.
Drink as much warm water as you can, especially empty stomached in the morning and just before going to sleep. It will help you cut on the extra fat that your body might have started to store
Go sweetless at home, since already sweet intake has gone up because of the festival, cut down on your chocolates and biscuits. It also means lowering down the sugar intake in your milk shakes and coffees. It is advisable to switch to honey instead of sugar.
Try drinking natural wheat grass juice it will remove all the toxins that you have assimilated either through overeating or even with a change in sleeping pattern. You could even take ready made wheat grass juice
Make fruits your company for these few days, so that the energy level in your body does not go down even if the sugar level does. It will give you ample sugar and help your skin to glow. Pick up seasonal fruits like melon and kiwi. Choosing smoothies and sodas over coffee and tea is always better.
Aloe Vera needs to be consumed to keep any skin issues at bay that might lead to making your skin oily or any kind of pimples that might attack you, keep taking Aloe Vera juice in small portions or you can rub the gel on your body to get a natural glow. It will also help you get back your fresh skin which might have spoiled due to color.
Do let me know in your comments about your experiences with these 5 weight loss foods
Next week will have the most colors on your face with the festival of Holi. Though not a very big fan I would still like to share my beauty routine to follow during the festival of colors. Holi – dates back centuries where people would use herbal colors and flowers on each other’s faces but that ain’t the case any more. Every year I am very conscious during Holi parties because I don’t want come back home with huge pimples. Though I have a combination skin which is not too oily but those colors can really harm my face. While you are still prepping for your clothes and colors I give you the perfect Holi gift on how to protect your skin-
- Pick out clothes which are made of soft cotton and help you cover your body. On one hand you want to wear your favorite tattered denim shorts I say go for the full jeans . It will make a statement and you could just pick up your pair of denims and rip it a little. Let it get colored it might look even better.
- Apply sunscreen judiciously on your exposed body make sure it is enough oily not suck up any color that is poured on your body.
- Keep your nails safe, apply nail paint and cut your nails short. The chemical colors have a tendency of seeping into the nails and not getting washed later.
- Use more of red or pink colours which looks good and can easily taken off. Gaudy purple, green, yellow, orange have more harmful chemicals and you may avoid those.
- Tying up your hair is always the best option for Holi. I will suggest using a contrast color bandana to cover up your and make a statement already.
- Try to save yourself off from all possible attacks on the face. In case your such attempts fail, keep your eyes and lips tightly shut if you are attacked on your face.
- Wash your eyes well with rose water after the color attack. It will soothe your eyes and remember not to rub them.
- Rubbing lemon wedges on your face and body is also a good option to remove the color but moisturise well to avoid any dryness caused from it. Using a toner will also benefit.
Let me know your favorite tips in the comments below!
Adding a new accessory can create a new look in a few seconds. The best thing about accessorizing is that if you it well even your dullest clothes can make you look like a style diva. Summer is approaching and you might as well pick up something that is here to stay throughout the season. While still thinking of the best I picked the hat to be my friend for a days out.
Adding an extra oomph to your look with a little hint of style never goes wrong. We can take that inspiration from Bollywood Celebrities who resort to different products when it comes to standing out in the crowd yet maintaining their desired image.
Here is how you can create the Hat Story –
When you are thinking of going out with a black plain top with a tattered denim to complete. Pick up a matching a hat to create make it look completely chic and casual.
When you have picked up an old printed dress and want to pump it up for an evening out. Get a plain hat to complete the look with a hint of bright lipstick.
That’s one occasion where you can’t leave your hat. It is an inseparable part of your out on the Derby day. Go through any Derby album and I am sure you will get the best ideas for your hats and caps.
I went to see the Taj Mahal this year to celebrate my first valentine’s day with my hubby. I wore a red cape since it was the color of the day with black jeggings. Since I wanted very natural looking makeup I used Lakme 9 to 5 Mousse Foundation with Lakme Eyeconic Kajal paired with little Oriflame Very Me Cherry and finally added Estee Lauder Candy Shimmer to give a natural look.
This is my final look