Dark Circles and Puffy eyes have become our friends since the time we went into the party scene. Most Saturday mornings at work I over use kohl to hide my puffy eyes. You may have dark circles due to hereditary reasons or your lifestyle. Some times our sleep patterns are bad due to various reasons or we might be suffering because of working late in the nights. I have a few things you could do to reduce your dark circles make you look fresh every morning.
- Cucumber Slices – Putting cucumber eyes to soothe your eyes is an age old technique practiced even before under – eye creams were conceived of. You can use freshly cut cucumbers and keep it on your eyes for some time. It is advisable that you sleep after putting them for best results.
- Potato slices – Most of us would not know but potato slices can show great results in reducing the puffiness from the eyes. Potato also has a light cooling effect which will make your eyes relaxed after a hard day at work.
- Tea bags – Tea bags can be used after they are put in the freezer for a few minutes for best results. You should pick up two tea bags and freeze them for about half an hour. Put them on your eyes and let it do its wonders. It is advisable to use green tea bags. Drinking green tea and putting the tea bags on your eyes will have complete health benefits.
- Under Eye Cream – Having an eye care regime is as important as having a skin care regime and you should not abstain yourself from picking a good under eye cream and using it regularly. After all your beauty lies in your eyes.
- Almond Oil – Almond oil obviously won’t be able to make you as happy as the under eye cream or green tea bags but it will show good results on regular usage. You just need to take a drop on your fingers and gently massage the eye area. Wash your eyes if irritation persists for long.
Learn to do your traditional make up in 5 minutes with my new video here
We all have our mother’s or grand- mother’s beautiful saree collection that none of them wears. Moreover that stuff is so intricate and expensive that they would not want to give away easily. When I got down to open my grand-mom’s wardrobe shortly after she passed away I can’t start to tell you what amazing clothes I saw. She had saved her wedding saree and a lot of other sarees in designs I would not know of. With a few I loved the colors, with a few others I loved their borders and a few were made of such material which had not spoiled in so many years. I had the privilege of getting her wedding saree and all of you know what will be my next pick for a friend’s wedding.
Some clothes get dirty with time or some times a light color would not look as vibrant as it did earlier. The best thing is to go your dyer and dye it in a darker shade. It is advisable to keep the color family same for best results or else you could go with black. One can never go wrong with a sexy black saree.
Even if you pick up your an old saree I still insist on getting a new blouse. Even if you fit in it might not look as stunning. Opt in for a contrasting print with a plain saree and get it designed with the best back neck and add a latkan with a deep back to add oomph.
If you are absolutely not sure of the print combination you can go for the evergreen silver or gold depending on the color of work your sari has. Or you may just get a smart golden and silver blouse to avoid any confusion when you are borrowing sarees from anyone.
A border can be your savior when you are trying to renew an old sari go to market and pick up a printed border. Since floral and tie & dye is quite in you can go for the same border blouse combination to complete the look. It can help you add bling to a plain saree.
A stitch in time can save nine, literally when you fee you need to add glam to the old sari go for a different stitch. You could get the palla and get it attached to an entirely different fabric to create a new look. Half patterns are still available in the market and stitching also means no draping
When I picked up my grand-mom’s saree I went ahead and got a sexy golden blouse and brought life to the purple golden sari.
Skin being the mirror of our body needs to be taken special care of. Skin care should be on the top of your list when you have such sweaty summers in India. Most part of the country is going through tough summers leading to the drying and tanning of the skin. So today I will talk about why do you need a skin toner.
I keep looking for different products to include in my daily regime that can benefit me. Most people would think you can do without a skin toner and you are right through most part of the year but not for summers for me. I have a combination skin and it becomes oily during the hotter months of the year. Ladies who have oily skin will have to take more trouble and be a regular to get a cleaner looking skin. Trust me it may not show in the beginning but once you make it a habit it definitely shows the effort on your face.
I may support the use of skin toners but it is not necessary that you have to go through the effort of buying something very expensive you can make skin toners at home or get your best buys with the one that makes your skin happy and pampered.
Why should you use a Skin Toner –
- Provides Hydration – Your skin gets devoid of the necessary minerals and gets covered with dirt and sweat very easily. A skin toner helps you to removes all those extra particles from your skin and provide the required water content. It makes your skin glow.
- Detoxify your skin -Your daily makeup contains a few chemicals which can be absorbed easily while you sleep so using a toner will cleanse the system and leave your skin clean for a good night’s sleep. You will have a clearer and more beautiful skin after using the toner.
- Acne Cure – Most of you who have acne problems should swear by a skin toner that is mild enough that you can use every day. The astringent content in skin toners helps your to breathe thereby reducing the sebum and ace outbreaks.
- Shrink and remove pores – Most of us have small opened pores on the skin which provide space for dirt and chemicals to settle and cause toxins to enter the skin. Regular usage of a skin toner will lead to the shrinkage of pores.
Do wait for my next post where I will talk about my favorite toner. Till then let us know which toner is your favorite.
Garnier has come up with a new range of shampoos and conditioners to keep all the hair woes at bay. Although my previous experiences with Garnier have not been very great and I have not used their products after Fructis came into being. This time I was a little positive about Garnier Ultra Blends Shampoo range so I ended up doing a Garnier Ultra Blends Revitalizing Shampoo Review for you guys.
Since I have an oily scalp I chose Garnier Ultra Blends Revitalizing Shampoo so that it will help my hair get back the bounce. My hair has thin strands and because of the high sebum content it tends to look flat and dull easily. I religiously follow the regime of washing my hair at least 4 times in a week. I used this Garnier Ultra Blends Revitalizing Shampoo after a few hours of oiling and it takes about two washes to completely remove the oil. Using it on a normal day without oiling shows best results. It might be not be a great choice for people with completely dry hair because it considerably lessens the sebum content in the scalp.
Overall I really like this shampoo as a daily shampoo. It cleans well and gives smooth soft hair. It never makes hair dry; also I haven’t noticed any extra hair fall. I like the Packaging it is an apt size and you can easily keep it while travelling. My hair feels fresh as it has all the natural cleansers – lemon, henna, green tea, aloe and eucalyptus.. It also has a lemon fragrance that lingers on for a while. It leaves my hair super soft and shiny.
Price – Rs. 120 for 175ml
- easy to use
- cleans well
- contains natural products
- paraben free
- smells fresh
- great for daily use
- You might not want to try something new
- cannot compete with high end brands
Style Meter – 8
L’Oreal has introduced a new range of colorful eye pencils with gel liners under the Cannes collection. These are called L’Oreal Paris Infallible Silkissime Eyeliners. While this is a breath of fresh air and is very different from the L’Oreal Kajal magique and the different colored eye pencils from Lakme, Maybelline or Faces cosmetics.
The product says, ‘Indulge your eyes in silk with Silkissimeby Infallible. Glide on smooth intensity with our first silk inspired liquid pencil. The smudge-proof formula lasts for up to 16-hours of intense color from dusk until dawn. Gives a delicate, silky shiny look with ultimate perfection in a single stroke. Available in 8 vibrant shades.’ The shades are –
- Pure Purple
- Cobalt Blue
- True Teal
These L’Oreal Paris Infallible Silkissime Eyeliners are a gel liners which are way too creamy. Since the product needs to be sharpened for re-use which is not user friendly. Tip breaks away very easily only on a single usage. Though you may use it as a base but creating a fine line with these eyeliners is a big issue.
I feel not very comfortable with the idea of sharpening eye pencils because then they loose the fine tip finish. Though I am pretty impressed with the wide variety of colors and I would have tried them all but my experience was not too great with the four I got.
The best part is that stays for quite a long time. Once you put this on you do not have to refresh it throughout the day. It can be on its own and doesn’t smudge later. The color is well defined and you can give it a try if you have a thing for colors like I do.
Price – INR 575 for 1.10g
- The colors
- The gel finish
- The ease of application and availability
- Too expensive
- a lot of it goes waste in breaking
- sharpening is not easy and since the tip breaks it cannot give an even finish after the first use
Style Meter – 7/10
I love good fragrances and I never get tired of them. The Body Shop came up with British Rose fragrances and like their other products I love this one too. TBS makes sure that fall in love with the products in one go and then they become your go to easily. I have not bought the other products in this range and so today i give you The Body Shop British Rose Eau De Toilette Review. Read on to find out my fling with The Body Shop British Rose Eau De Toilette.
All TBS products come in well packed transparent packs so you do not have to worry about them. The best part is that they are easily takeble and you can just pop it in your bag. The Body Shop British Rose Eau De Toilette is a must for me everyday.
As I already mentioned that TBS is known for its beautiful fragrances this one product lives up the standards easily. It has that typical british rose aroma which again is very flowery. It is a very summer friendly smell to keep you uplifted throughout the day. I love to smell good all day, it is like a motivational factor for me at my place of work. Similarly I can easily be put of by bad smelling people. I would love to spray perfume to keep myself happy. Since the summers are a little too happy with us. The Body Shop British Rose Eau De Toilette fragrance does not stay over 3-4 hours for me. I would generally use it twice to keep it lasting.
INR 1295/- for 100 ml.
- loved the fragrance
- should be bought if you like rose fragrance
- will be used in small quantities
- good choice for summers
- a little expensive
- doesn’t last too long.
Style Meter – 8.5/10
Pedicure has been an age old practice for women to keep their feet soft. Foot pampering is also said to be therapeutic and helps to lift up your mood. But in the hustle bustle of our life and striving to create a work life balance our feet get neglected the most. How often you have slipped into your ballerinas just because your nail paint wasn’t good enough or your feet did not look as attractive as you want them to be.
Cocoa Pedicure has become the new trend in foot care. Though it may sound quite strange but its uniqueness got me trying it in the comfort zone of my home. Sugar has known to exfoliate your skin well and shea butter is one of our favorite moisturizers. So you know when these come together for your feet you quite literally get happy feet. Once you try this I am sure you will thank us later.
What do you need –
- Face wash
- Cuticle oil
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 lemon
- cocoa body butter
- cocoa powder
- vanilla essence
- sandalwood powder
- cocoa body milk
- luke warm water
- Fill some luke warm water in a tub or a bucket where you can easily soak in your feet. Add a few drops of your face wash to this water to help clean your feet. I would advise something mild usually or a Himalaya neem face wash would do for you as it did for me. Soak your feet for about 10 minutes.
- Now clean your toe nails. I generally use an old toothbrush to clean my nails and chapped skin. It does not hurt as much as the pedicure instruments and cleans better.
- Now take a cuticle oil – in my case I got the one from VLCC and massage it well on your feet. You must feel better by now because your blood circulation improves.
- Prepare a scrub – Mix sugar, half spoon bournvita and lemon juice. Apply this scrub on your feet and massage gently. Sometimes it may feel a little harsh on your skin but it is for your own benefit. Do it for about 5-7 minutes and wash it off.
- Massage your feet with the Cocoa butter body milk, I have used Dove body lotion. Leave it for a few minutes before cleaning it.
- Prepare an anti tan pack – Mix cocoa powder, sandalwood powder with little water and add a few drops of vanilla essence to it. It will create a smooth pack that can be easily applied. Apply it evenly on your skin and let it dry.
- Once it is dried out, wash it off and wipe your feet.
- For best results massage The body shop Cocoa Body Butter for long happy fragrance.
Most people insist on having a full breakfast and we have heard the good old saying you should have breakfast like a king. But we queens have a tough time deciding how to choose the best breakfast options for weight loss. While you may still bank upon koki (you would know what it means if you ever had a sindhi friend) and paratha or you want to divulge into the likes of pohas and upmas. Science says whatever you eat at least it should never be missed.
One of the latest studies shows that having two breakfasts is better than one, when one is still struggling to make sure having one; two seems out of question. Though I have stuck to this for some time before I began my teaching job and it has only done me good. My first breakfast would be having a single fruit because a single color is better than multiple colors without any dash of lemon or salt to it.
Most nutritionists also agree that having a two breakfasts is better than one as your body gets full nutrition and keeping a gap of an hour is ideal. Your first breakfast could include any fruit like Papaya, banana or an apple. In face having a fruit as your first meal of the day help you boost the digestive system and you will surely feel the difference in some time in weight loss.
While a few studies still vouch for the fact that weight loss has nothing to do with breakfast and people who skipped breakfast v/s those who ate had a similar kind of weight loss after a few days. But our experts say, when we skip breakfast we force our system to work a tad bit more making our metabolism to drop. Another opinion is that skipping any meal during the weight loss program will affect the metabolism negatively and this is never a good practice..