Pedicure has been an age old practice for women to keep their feet soft. Foot pampering is also said to be therapeutic and helps to lift up your mood. But in the hustle bustle of our life and striving to create a work life balance our feet get neglected the most. How often you have slipped into your ballerinas just because your nail paint wasn’t good enough or your feet did not look as attractive as you want them to be.
Cocoa Pedicure has become the new trend in foot care. Though it may sound quite strange but its uniqueness got me trying it in the comfort zone of my home. Sugar has known to exfoliate your skin well and shea butter is one of our favorite moisturizers. So you know when these come together for your feet you quite literally get happy feet. Once you try this I am sure you will thank us later.
What do you need –
- Face wash
- Cuticle oil
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 lemon
- cocoa body butter
- cocoa powder
- vanilla essence
- sandalwood powder
- cocoa body milk
- luke warm water
- Fill some luke warm water in a tub or a bucket where you can easily soak in your feet. Add a few drops of your face wash to this water to help clean your feet. I would advise something mild usually or a Himalaya neem face wash would do for you as it did for me. Soak your feet for about 10 minutes.
- Now clean your toe nails. I generally use an old toothbrush to clean my nails and chapped skin. It does not hurt as much as the pedicure instruments and cleans better.
- Now take a cuticle oil – in my case I got the one from VLCC and massage it well on your feet. You must feel better by now because your blood circulation improves.
- Prepare a scrub – Mix sugar, half spoon bournvita and lemon juice. Apply this scrub on your feet and massage gently. Sometimes it may feel a little harsh on your skin but it is for your own benefit. Do it for about 5-7 minutes and wash it off.
- Massage your feet with the Cocoa butter body milk, I have used Dove body lotion. Leave it for a few minutes before cleaning it.
- Prepare an anti tan pack – Mix cocoa powder, sandalwood powder with little water and add a few drops of vanilla essence to it. It will create a smooth pack that can be easily applied. Apply it evenly on your skin and let it dry.
- Once it is dried out, wash it off and wipe your feet.
- For best results massage The body shop Cocoa Body Butter for long happy fragrance.
You all must be thinking what do I mean by 5 min make over, I mean you have so many products easily available in your home that you can use for immediate glow on your face. These items are just a closet away!
Whatever your skin type is, it is best to wash your face with milk just before applying some make up to create an excellent base. You can also use a milk wash and flaunt a no make up look
Apply honey on your face and leave it for 2-3 mins and then wash it off with water. It might make your face look a little red but not to worry, it will be fine soon.
You can pluck a small leaf from your back yard and rub the gel evenly on your face for about 2 mins. It helps you create a great base and also helps you remove the tiredness soon
Take a tomato slice and rub it on your face for about 2 mins, tomato is a great bleaching agent and will give you a fresh and fairer look soon.
Cream or malai whichever is easily available in your refrigerator you have to apply it on your face and wash off after about 2 mins and your skin will get soft and supple.
Do not use face was after any of these as it will remove the moisture coating from the skin.
Easy isn’t it?
We saw a lot of decluttering exercise happening this year, from a past few years we have been stressing a lot on decluttering because it does not only affect you physically but also help you gain a lot of mental peace as well. Also inversely if you have a lot of clutter you tend to gain a lot of body weight.
The place where we clutter the most is our wardrobes because we never have enough clothes, yes I know even I feel the same thing so here are a few steps by which you can declutter-
All our jeans are very comfortable but you have to start looking out for the ones that have worn out from the feet, that’s the first place. Wherever you notice it is rubbed too much and starts getting holes that’s the time to say bye to the denims.
Don’t wait till they become your night dress and then the duster, give it to someone needy before that because I am sure we get the replacement done way before that.
Woolens don’t fade away soon as we wear them only for a few months of the year and we all have our favorite denim jacket that we can’t imagine our life without. Leave it as soon as you get another replacement.
We can’t keep them all and we can’t throw them all, the plight is the same. Still you could share it with some of your close friends. This way your dresses will have a longer life in multiple cupboards
Save your sarees for the special days and give them to your daughters and daughters in law, trust me they will love it!
You need to keep a few things in mind for everything in your wardrobe
- Do not pile up clothes that you have stopped wearing
- Keep updating your wardrobe by removing old stuff
- Don’t cling on your love to your clothes
- Buy 1 and remove 2 to keep it decluttered
- Repeat from point 1