Next week will have the most colors on your face with the festival of Holi. Though not a very big fan I would still like to share my beauty routine to follow during the festival of colors. Holi – dates back centuries where people would use herbal colors and flowers on each other’s faces but that ain’t the case any more. Every year I am very conscious during Holi parties because I don’t want come back home with huge pimples. Though I have a combination skin which is not too oily but those colors can really harm my face. While you are still prepping for your clothes and colors I give you the perfect Holi gift on how to protect your skin-
- Pick out clothes which are made of soft cotton and help you cover your body. On one hand you want to wear your favorite tattered denim shorts I say go for the full jeans . It will make a statement and you could just pick up your pair of denims and rip it a little. Let it get colored it might look even better.
- Apply sunscreen judiciously on your exposed body make sure it is enough oily not suck up any color that is poured on your body.
- Keep your nails safe, apply nail paint and cut your nails short. The chemical colors have a tendency of seeping into the nails and not getting washed later.
- Use more of red or pink colours which looks good and can easily taken off. Gaudy purple, green, yellow, orange have more harmful chemicals and you may avoid those.
- Tying up your hair is always the best option for Holi. I will suggest using a contrast color bandana to cover up your and make a statement already.
- Try to save yourself off from all possible attacks on the face. In case your such attempts fail, keep your eyes and lips tightly shut if you are attacked on your face.
- Wash your eyes well with rose water after the color attack. It will soothe your eyes and remember not to rub them.
- Rubbing lemon wedges on your face and body is also a good option to remove the color but moisturise well to avoid any dryness caused from it. Using a toner will also benefit.
Let me know your favorite tips in the comments below!